Public Relations Intern
Based in Santa Monica, California, SurfMyAds.com is a marketing company that specializes in high level and innovative projects which attract a wide spectrum of web users and add value to thousands of online advertisers.
Creativity, collaboration and innovation drive the company forward as a leader in its sector.
SurfMyAds.com, Inc. owns and operates several online brands, including:
PromotionalCodes.com, myShoes.com, CouponWinner.com, Codes.co.uk, Codes.de and Coupons.ca.
Public Relations Internship Description
As a rapidly expanding online marketing company, we are seeking enthusiastic self-starters who are ready to begin a career in public relations. Interns will gain experience in a fast-paced work environment, learning about the basics of media relations, including print, broadcast and digital. This is a great opportunity to contribute to a hard-working team while receiving exposure to today’s public relations landscape. Duties include:
• Help draft press materials including media advisories, news releases, pitch letters or other necessary documents
• Support development of broadcast interviews and assist in creation of talking points
• Assist in research, pitching and project coordination with external online publications and blogs
• Perform research on requested subjects such as media coverage, media contacts, among other items
• Help track PR efforts and media coverage by assisting with the development of coverage reports
• Bachelor’s Degree (or in-progress) in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or other related field preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong editing skills and creativity a plus
• Ability to manage multiple projects with a flexible work style
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook)
• Able to sustain a schedule of 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday between 8:30 a.m. — 5:30 p.m.